March 2022 Minutes
March 10, 2022
SULLIVAN AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
The March 2022 club meeting was called to order at 6:19 PM at Sullivan Fire House #5.
The Pledge of Allegiance, Prayer and Moment of Silence for Silent Keys were observed.
The minutes from the previous month were read. The Treasurer reported our checking account balance currently is $851.32.
John McReynolds reported that the Repeater Committee has been meeting to continue working on the communication link and will be completing the work in the near future.
These three reports were approved as read, motion having been made by Dave Johnson and seconded by Mike Benton.
The Knucklehead dinner is planned for Tuesday, March 14th at 7:00 PM. We will meet at Frisco’s Restaurant in Cuba, MO. Everyone is encouraged to attend and bring significant other or guest with them.
It was suggested that we consider purchasing insurance for our repeater equipment, especially liability due to the proximity of homes nearby. Barb Durbin will call to get quotes.
The Summer Field Day location needs to be decided. The Conference Center at Meramec State Park
would work if agreeable to management there. Dave is attempting to confirm with them since a special use permit and possibly insurance might possibly be required. Alternatives were suggested in case this doesn’t work out. Mark Ervine’s place was suggested. Dave Johnson noted that the Middle School parking lot might be possible. We would have good exposure to the public there as well as ample room. Dave will follow that suggestion through and report to the club.
Survey results from previous meeting were revealed. Upon being questioned on various interests, including voice, digital, emergency and mobile communications as well as activities from kit building to outings and group activities the answers suggested that we are most interested in the things we are currently doing. There are additional items we will attempt to include in our training and activities in the near future.
Jim Rhodes mentioned that he is looking for a joint activity that could include the Washington, Pacific and Sullivan clubs. It would allow us to get to know other hams and promote the hobby. He listed camping, campfires, food and portable outdoor radios using the Zero Beater’s location as a possibility. Jim will follow up and report.
Trivia Night is still pending, maybe early April was noted by Dave Johnson.
A presentation was made by Jim Rhodes on AREDN. It was informative, interesting and encouraging.
The monthly HARN exercise is tomorrow. Dave Johnson will be meeting with hospital Administration at that time and report to us next month.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made at 7:51 PM by Chris Williams and seconded by Tom Hobbs.