May 12, 2022
Sullivan Amateur Radio Club Minutes
The May 2022 club meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM at Sullivan Fire House #5.
The Pledge of Allegiance, Prayer, and moment of Silence for Silent Key were observed.
All present introduced themselves.
Harn Network – the need for volunteers for Friday, May 13th was discussed. Margaret Emily will be present to represent the club.
Fund Raiser suggestions were requested by Bill Higgins.
Chris Westrick has obtained a Henry Sidegate lever action rifle 30/30. Tickets will be $20.00 each with only 100 being sold. This will provide $1000.00 profit for the club with the rifle costing $1000.00. Chris will have tickets at next meeting.
Trivia night – will be delayed until fall.
Chili Cookoff was suggested by Cindy Jones.
Insurance for repeater and antenna is still in the works as reported by Barb Durbin. Hope to have by next meeting.
Reminder of Taum Salk Park activation along with 2 other parks, with camping and fellowship
is scheduled for September 15 – 18th.
2nd Annual Family Fun Day is tentatively scheduled for October 1, 2022.
Repeater Status was reported by Chris Westrick. Tone board work will happen in the near future.
Arden group has formed. Will communicate via Signal and possibly meet in the future. If you desire to join let Bill Higgins know.
Field Day Planning. An informal poll was taken on attendance. Nearly everyone present indicated they plan to attend. Will need to coordinate radios and antennas – planning 2 or 3 digital stations plus voice and CW. Dave Johnson and Chris Westrick will make frequency signs to keep track of who’s using which frequency. Wayne Durbin is bringing 3 antennas, tower will be there. Discussed possibly using a weather balloon as an antenna. Bill Higgins has access to helium. Barb Durbin will check on balloon. Frank Faherty will try to bring an inverted V antenna. A porta potty has been ordered. Bill Higgins will apply for the club call sign. All are encouraged to bring tables, chairs, batteries, coax, awnings, etc. Barb Durbin will write letters inviting Dave Schatz, Bob Heil and local officials. Will need to check with Chris Williams regarding Fema, Sema guests. Dave Johnson will contact local radio station for a possible live remote broadcast and event advertisement. Mike Benton will contact photographer/cousin regarding photos for possible newspaper article after event.
Some food commitments were made: Chris Westrick will smoke some pulled pork; Dave Johnson will make chicken wings; Barb Durbin will make shredded beef; Cindy Jones will bake some bread. Side dish commitments will be taken at next meeting.
Margaret Emily is still having problems with her antenna. Mike Benton will coordinate with her to schedule that.
Donations for Larry and Sheila Donner’s medical needs will be taken at next meeting or you may contact Mark Ervine.
At 7:42 Chris Westrick made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Mike Benton. Motion passed.