Hello there! It’s time to reawaken this website!
My name is Bill Higgins and I’m a licensed ham operator with the call sign N0NOE. I’ve recently joined the Sullivan Amateur Radio Club and at the August 2015 meeting, volunteered to maintain the club website. Over the course of the next few weeks, I’ll be updating the information here and we’ll be attempting to keep this site fresh and interesting and make it a useful tool for marketing the club as well as communicating to the community and club members alike.
Before we get too far down this article, I’d like to thank Chris Westrick for all the work he had done on this site. There’s actually quite a bit of content that he created that I’ll be either finishing, or just making available to the viewers. Chris had some great ideas, and we’ll be getting those out there asap.
I have several ideas for making this site more useful, but I know you all must have ideas as well. Here is a list of the first things on my agenda for updating this website:
* Create a contact form which you may use to get in touch with me or the club officers. This can be used to forward suggestions or recommendations about the site, ask questions relating to the club’s business or projects, etc.
* Change the theme of the site to one that degrades gracefully for smaller format devices. In other words, make the site more usable for people using cell phones and tablets.
* Make sure all content is up to date and accurate.
* Post the minutes from the latest club meeting.
* Post a list of club members and their call signs and locations.
* Whatever else the members might find useful to club members.
I’m open to ideas here as long as they extend the usefulness of this resource. Ham radio is all about communications! Let’s use this communications resource too!